Skip to main content

Reply to "Who's swing models your idea best?"

The last two posts here are two of the best posts I have read in a while. Swingbuster I totally agree with you. My post was not to suggest that the coach was wrong in anyway because I have not seen the kid hit. I do agree with your post every bit of it. PG great post. I will learn from that and I will use your experience in the future. Thank you for sharing that story. Now let me have some suggestions. My youngest son is a 15 year old freshman and he is very talented behind the plate. He also has had alot of success at the plate. He has tremendous power and his hands are freakishly fast. He can turn on big time velocity already. As a matter of fact his first pitch he saw in HS last Tuesday was an 88 mph two seamer inside and up that he took off the wall for a double. He hits the curveball well but the problem I see with him is he has a hard time waiting back even when he sees the ball is a change or curveball. You can see him waiting but when he decides to swing it seems he is still out in front alot of the times. You can throw him 10 straight hooks then heat him up and he still is all over the fastball. What can I do to help him wait longer. I have worked with him taking everything to rf in practice just to get him to wait back more. Any suggestions would be appreciated. One more thing he has always feasted on the top pitching. He has always hit for a lower average against the weaker pitchers. Thanks