Skip to main content

Reply to "Why are players struggling with BBCOR?"

quote:
Originally posted by Low Finish:
I agree with both of you, kids are going to learn to hit, rather than just swing an aluminum rocket launcher. NDD is correct in saying that people believe it's the arrow, not the Indian.

I believe it's because of two things: 1) Not being in the correct sequence and 2) Relying too much on the arms. I won't say not using the hands, because then I'll start another debate between myself and NDD...

I agree with the arms (relying on the upper half) and "not being in the correct sequence" which is a huge generalization.

However, the fact remains that those who aren't effective Wood Bat hitters are the same "non-hitters" with BBCOR. Not surprising since we saw it last year in the College game.

I too will generalize and lump these guys into two primary categories;

!. They lack rhythm (sequence) from the bottom up and thru the baseball so they don't generate bat speed.

AND;

2. They haven"t had to learn that with smaller sweet spots, as with wood, one must learn where the hands need to be, in a spacial relationship to the baseball, to find the bat and ball sweet spot. It is a learned skill that some are not capable of learning.

With BESR metal none of that was necessary with bats where the entire barrel was in fact "sweet!"
Last edited by Prime9