Skip to main content

Reply to "Why do coaches inflate numbers?"

Pam...TAR....

I really don't think the Lyons coach puts much credence in the stats. I believe he looks for good, solid contact, and the ability to "drive" the ball. Put it into play.

Practice demeanor, attitude, hustle, skills, and hitting are whats probably the deciding factors in who the coach plays in any given game. Obviously you have be pretty good defensively as well, but I still think that hitting is key, and then throw some speed into the mix as well.

Knowing that Andy has had quality instruction outside of school from the training facility he goes to, Strikes, he feels fairly confident that when summer baseball starts, and travel baseball starts, and he attends a showcase or two, he'll be able to hold-his-own with anyone. He might not be the biggest player you'll see, but I'll guarantee you that his work ethic, attitude, and skills will help get him to the next level.

No, I'm really not worried about numbers, and neither is Andy, he just knows that hitting the ball hard and putting it into play is what is most important right now.