Skip to main content

Reply to "Why Don't You Post?"

Bobble,

I played for a small town 2 summer's ago, it's still bad, trust me. When you play for a town of under 500 you don't get the flyers about this elite team and that elite team or this showcase comming up in this area or that area. Even my hometown is very, very bad at knowing what all is going on in the baseball world and it's population is around 15,000. Heck even if you play in London if you're not on the Badgers or the Reds you really don't know about these camps or showcases.

I know there are many showcases etc. out there, but not enough people know about them. Especially in the smaller sized towns.

I still don't hear about Try-outs for Elite teams other then the Badgers Program, and I look in the papers and our Associations WebSite and still nothing, no links to Team Ontario INC or any other, we have a link to Ontario Baseball Association, and even when I've been on there I can't find any info for Showcases, or elite teams in the surrounding area.

You talk to people in this area about Baseball and it's ya we got a local team, and then there's the Badgers, no talk about Team Ontario, unless it's I wonder how you get an invite or how they knew about tryouts.

Of course every area will be a little different, seeing from you are compared to where I am is quite a bit different, I imagine it'sa different take from someone in say a little town in Manitoba or Saskatchewan.