Skip to main content

Reply to "why making a kid play on hs only in summer is terrible!!!!is ihsa going into aug.?please your opini"

Taratko, I beg to differ. This is exactly my point. When the Wisconsin Blazers and the Indiana Yankees can dominate the biggest and best National tourneys, then we are on a par w/ the south and west. (as far as talent is concerned) My sons and many others I have followed closely played for Norwood over the last 10 years or so. They could easily be a final 4 team at 1 of the 72 team Nationals. It is you who are wrong and we simply must change this inferior defeatist attitude that so many take as gospel. Once again, Illinois is # 4 in M.L.B. players. Considering the population of Fl,Tx and Cal. that is a # that strongly supports my argument. ........... As far as a Midwest Tourney w/ all these teams involved---NOW YOUR TALKING! By the way I have seen the Westministers and Tampa Jesuits play and those terriffis baseball programs have nothing on OPRF, Providence,LT, Stagg or many others in Illinois. We have gotten to the point where the only REAL difference is FACILITIES and WEATHER.......... If I took your thinking as Gospel my kid would be going to Valpo instead of FSU!