Skip to main content

Reply to "Why My Son Will Never Receive One Ounce Of Hitting Instruction!"

I gave an example from my daughter's experience as to why your position is detrimental to young ladies who might want to get recruited.  Your position meaning wait until much later to see instruction.  By the age of 14, the top college programs in this country and at both the D-I and D-II level have players verballing and so, those opportunities close fast. 

Now keep in mind that most of the young men trying out for the HS team will have been playing for some TB organization in most communities.  So, you are opposed to some aspects of TB per statements in your video.  So, a parent waits for their son to turn 12-13 to make tryout for one of these organizations.  At 14, that young man will be trying out for a very limited number of spots on the freshman team if that HS has a freshman team.  Otherwise, they will have to make the JV  team.  This situation is so tough for all parents.  What is the right thing to do?  In my case, it was to make sure that my child had proper instruction and that when it came time to tryout, she was one of the best and not one of the borderline.  Again, JMHO!

Last edited by CoachB25