Skip to main content

Reply to "Why Not!"

I think the “parent rules” are poorly written and argumentative. They even include the screaming all caps "STAY AWAY". If I were a parent at Nor Cal this approach would anger me. It’s almost as if the staff is talking down to the parents. If a coach has parental issues I think they need to be resolved between the coaches and the players. For instance --- some of the player's rules would eliminate their problems:
1. "Players are not allowed visitors in the dugout at any time".
2. "Players must have a personal cooler in the dugout that includes drinks and power bars PRIOR to the start of practice, game, or event."

Failure to comply with players breaking the rules could result in the player being benched or released. My son played at a couple of "next levels" and no one "prepared" me by giving me a set of rules to abide by. I think Nor Cal coaches need to understand there are no "package deals" at the next levels and using this as a weak justification to eliminate things that bug them. Parents are nothing more than fans and are treated as such at the next level.
Fungo