Skip to main content

Reply to "Why Not!"

I have had 2 sons play for NorCal. In both cases I have felt NorCal did a wonderful job or providing quality coaching, administration and opportunities to shine in front of the proper audience whether it be USA Baseball, college coaches or pro scouts. Perfect? No, no one is. But overall we have liked it and felt we were treated respectfully and with care.

Some parents in the program tend to be high-maintenance. From what I have seen, they do a good job of keeping that in check. They generally attract the very top players in all of Northern California (a very large population base) and with that comes some extremely high expectations from the parents. On that end of it, NorCal has a tough job.

I don't know if they could've delivered the message better or not. When I read it, it didn't bother or offend me at all. But I'm just one person, one data point...so perhaps I'm in the minority?

In any case, I just thought I'd throw in my firsthand experience and perspective on it. They've always adjusted to whats happening today and if they figure out their message was too strong, I'm sure they'll adjust on it in the future.
Last edited by justbaseball