Skip to main content

Reply to "Why Oh Why....."

quote:
Originally posted by BlueDog:
Scooter, so you admit there are bad High School Coaches........So, why get upset when someone talks about them?......They're out there and they deserve to be talked about......Parents need to be aware that they exist.....It's important.....Of course, there are good High School Coaches, also.....What's important is to know the difference......

Yes, I do but I also think there are bad apples in any profession. They may need to be talked about but not as a generalization as you and Teacherman do. If you are going to talk about bad coaches name them by name don't put all of the high school coaches into one and thats why I and others have gotten upset. It has nothing to do with your views or ideas about coaches, it has to do with the overall generalizations by placing all coaches into the same category. If you want parents to beware of bad coaches let them know the names of the coaches but I have a gut feeling that is not how it is discussed between you and the parents of the players you teach but I may be wrong.

Scooter P