Skip to main content

Reply to "Why threads are being closed???"

The problem, as I see it, that exists is that threads get deleted by a moderator before any member may even see them--why not leave the post up after you close the thread at least for a short period of time , do not delete it by moderator, so posters and readers can see what the heck is being deleted.

My personal feeling is that some,if not all.\, moderators have set themsleves up as "gods" , and just do as they please--I do not think that is right--let people know what the heck you are deleting or editing or does the "virtual world" make you feel that so "all powerful" that you can use your delete button at will?

I can tell you that on certain forums there are other threads running that can be taken as offensive if you want to see it as so.( ie the Tebow Thread which has gone from football to a battle between religions.)

I say live and let live--let the good debates and discussions begin--you cannot debate or discuss what you know about when it has been deleted. It is nice that you want to make this a "feel good' site but darn let there has to be debate and discussion and that can be done by adults without name calling

The debate and discussion aspect is what made this site what it is or have you people forgotten this all important aspect.