Skip to main content

Reply to "Why would a 2013 grade commit now?"

quote:
Originally posted by BB13:
I was under the misguided impression that kids interested in playing college baseball would need to know where they are going by December (or so) of their Senior year when they are ready to apply to colleges. Otherwise, how does recruiting work? Isn't it too late after that? If you haven't applied to a school, how do they recruit you in the spring of your senior year during baseball season? Is there any opportunity to apply and be accepted later than everyone else? Or, do you have to anticipate what colleges might be interested in you and apply in advance. Even then, don't you have to make a decision to attend a school before your baseball season? So, do you put a deposit on a few schools and hope one is interested in putting you on their roster?

Hi B 13. Great questions. I am new to this board as a poster, but I want to reply mainly to one aspect of your question - the final statement about multiple deposits. That is not allowed; students can only deposit to one institution. (First time parents my not even realize how important that is!)Students who violate this rule run the risk of having all of his admission offers revoked. The rest of your questions will probably be answered by others on this board, but, in a nutshell, the recruiting process starts much earlier. If, by your name, I can assume your son is 2013, then start now developing his target list, exploring what he is looking for in a college match first, then quickly start getting in touch with the coaches at those kinds of schools where his baseball might be a 'fit' as well. Hope this is helpful.