Skip to main content

Reply to "Why you would go pro?"

I know Mr. Danks all to well. My son's Plano East Team was eliminated by Round Rock in the series before the state finals. He and Matt Nachreiner made quite a pair. My son pitched the first game and lost 3-0.

You advocate coming up with a number before the draft. Do you recommend then broadcasting that number to scouts?

How do you suggest handling calls the night before or the day of the draft asking, "would you sign for this amount?" If a player agrees to the amount and then you find out it is low. What then?

We all know that everybodys money number will be different depending on circumstances and needs. Do you have criteria for arriving at a number?

John Danks is one thing, every one knew he would be a top couple of round guy. What about the guy who shoots up onto the radar screen and may be a top 10 round guy? Do you think that the same advice applies to him? I would think that it is easier to set a number for a Danks than let's say a guy who doesn't know if he wil go in the 3rd or 10th round. How would you advise him?