Skip to main content

Reply to "Why you would go pro?"

quote:
So no I would not broadcast that number to scouts. In regard to handling the calls the night before an few days prior to the draft I would tell you let a professional handle it.

Isn't that a violation of the NCAA guidelines?

quote:
And if you are using a competent advisor he will know what the market will bear and what the price should be. (Jeff Kahn from Tanzer Sports Consultants is excelent at this).

Wasn't Tanzer Matt Harrignton's agent? Sorry couldn't resist. I know that has no bearing on Jeff Kahn's ability.

Isn't it true that more teams are now demanding a deal the night before or the day of the draft before they make the pick? Then insisting, "well we had an agreement"? How does the nominal pick handle that. I was told by one scout that. "we will call and ask if you will sign for X amount. If you hesitate, we will move on to the next player." How would you deal with that? Let us face it, more and more teams are playing hardball. They are using slot money as an excuse to not negotiate. We all know this doesn't have much of impact on top guys, but others it has a great impact on. How would you suggest dealing with that?