Skip to main content

Reply to "Will HS Baseball Go the Way of HS Soccer?"

RJM it has started in soccer.....Union has started an Academy team and kids have forgone HS Soccer I know of one kid at our HS that did not play HS soccer..... also I am pretty sure but not 100% sure Delco has also started to have kids skip HS soccer....it has started here

We're in a soccer hot bed in SE PA. I don't know of anyone asked to stop playing high school soccer. FC Delco is one of the top club programs in the country. Their kids are playing high school. Before my son our high school had a U18 Team USA soccer player who was recruuited by Man U. He wasn't pressured to quit high school soccer. He also played basketball. He did miss some games traveling the world. Man U did want him in England as opposed to playing college soccer.

We also had a Team USA Field Hockey player (Team USA in high school) who played for the high school. She also played soccer. She also missed some games traveling the world.

I believe the thing to watch for clues is what becomes of ABCD spring travel baseball in CA. Is it for kids who don't make the high school team or have bad coaches? Of does it become a development league for college and pro prospects?