Skip to main content

Reply to "Will Texas and OU Blow Up The Big12"

@PABaseball posted:

Curious to see how this plays out from a baseball perspective. Houston is historically very good. Good as in could compete in the Big 12 good. This past year they were historically bad for some reason.

UCF has been good (for the past decade) with some down years sprinkled in.

Both schools recruit from talent rich areas and are schools with a lot to offer that have traditionally fit the mold of a P5 school.

BYU and Cincy, not so much. Their student pop is high, but I don't think either really offer what the other two do. Cincy is still a cold weather program. BYU is a different animal in terms of campus life and image. I can't imagine anybody considering any of these schools is going to choose Cincy/BYU over the others. T

Obviously cash is king and the Big 12 football money is going to speak but from a baseball perspective I can't imagine this is better for the baseball programs. Other than being able to sell the Big 12 to recruits. But a case can be made that the AAC isn't that far off from the Big 12.

From a football perspective I want to say this makes the conference weaker, but odds are every one of these teams would have beat Texas in the past 10ish years.

Seems like Houston has changed their recruiting strategy over the last couple of years.  Bringing in more transfer players

2018 Season

Houston_2018_roster-insights

2019 Season

Houston_2019_roster-insights

2020 Season

Houston_2020_roster-insights

2021 Season

Houston_2021_roster-insights

In 2021, they brought in 27 new players, more than half were transfers.

Houston_2021_player-attrition

Attachments

Images (5)
  • Houston_2021_player-attrition
  • Houston_2018_roster-insights
  • Houston_2019_roster-insights
  • Houston_2020_roster-insights
  • Houston_2021_roster-insights