Skip to main content

Reply to "Window post Showball and Headfirst"

I just went back and checked emails.  My son was at his last day of HF actually on this day, August 8th last year (pitched in front of Brian Cashman that day, fun story).  There was interest in son at Head First, the kind where coaches tracked my son down to have a conversation but importantly the one school he was most interested in watched him and had multiple conversations at the event.  A number of inbounds occurred over the next few days but he got two inbound emails in about 8-9 days later too.  The later emails were almost like form letter interest though, "We saw you play at Headfirst and were impressed...".  I think the coaches take a look at the statistics post the event and send out feelers to kids that hit a profile they would have an interest in.    In the end, I would say my son had 6-7 legit teams interested post HF and we knew who they were within days and the later texts, emails could have certainly turned into interest.   

From HF to commitment was under a month.  He knew what he wanted but the HC still needed to watch him.  He did other two campus visits during this time and had the academic reads done by the other two schools too.  Now in 12 days we send him to campus so he can move into his dorm and get his covid test....