Was just editing a column from one of my writers on sports and he included this list — seems like a good summary for all of us to live by.
This article from Janis Meredith lists the “Ten Commandments of Sports Parenting.”
1. Thou shall love your child no matter what.
2. Thou shall let the coach do his job.
3. Thou shall let your child have fun.
4. Thou shall be realistic about your child’s abilities.
5. Thou shall volunteer.
6. Thou shall not relive your athletic life through your child.
7. Thou shall not compare your child’s abilities or attitudes with anyone else’s.
8. Thou shall be grateful.
9. Thou shall support the whole team.
10. Thou shall see the big picture.