Skip to main content

Reply to "Worried about mechanical changes"

This is becoming more and more of an issue.  At every amateur level.  How many parts helping the team win now vs. How many parts working toward your goal.  We have discussed that topic a few times here but not sure regarding mechanics.  I think you have to own your own mechanics.  I tell my pitchers we will have conversations.   I will make suggestions.   What they do from there is up to them.  It is their career or lack thereof.  Same with my son frankly.  But I never demand a change.  However I do let them know that their current level of success is not adequate for playing time.  Clearly your coach does not believe you have a future on the mound and is trying to make you a more effective hs pitcher.  And he may very well be right.  But what matters is what you believe in your heart.  If you have a dream and you are willing to work toward it, to do whatever it takes then you will accept not only a lack of playing time but even dismissal from the team.  You have to drive your own future and not  your coach.  But beware - there is a chance you won't make it and you will live with the regret you just didn't finish out your hs career.  Your call.  Good luck.