Skip to main content

Reply to "Worth the Drive?"

@Momball11 posted:

Maybe "best" wasn't a good choice of words. In terms of financial cost, camps are lower than PG and PBR showcases.

You can usually get an idea of how good a camp is if you put it out there for review.  Camps were great for us and my son did go to some unsolicited that worked out well.  The worst camp he ever went to (by a long shot) is the number one ranked preseason team.  Completely unorganized. Kids running everything. They did invite him via twitter message.  He told them he was coming.  They didn't talk to him at all.  Had his stats mixed up with someone else and then called the next day asking if he was at all interested in their program...they had no idea he had even been at the camp the day before.  He was so irritated by the camp that we juggled things around to go to, I don't think he would have even considered them.  After talking with some others, I heard that was a very normal occurrence for their camps.  On the other hand there are camps that are amazing and that I've never heard anyone say anything different about.  Just ask around before you invest, or have a few interactions with the coach before you go.