Skip to main content

Reply to "Wow - Astros penalty is out"

Go44dad posted:
hshuler posted:
Go44dad posted:

No explanation, my friend! 🤣

The Astros have admitted the crime and have received their punishment. I have talked to several people who say that certain folks should be banned for life. I’m not in the camp after thinking about it but I don’t think that everyone has to think like me. I can respect everyone’s opinion even when I don’t agree. 

At this time, they are banned for the rest of my life.  I'm looking for a new team.  Must be in Eastern time zone.  A 6:00 CST start sounds good.  Can't stay up past 9:00.  Can't do Yankees, Red Sox, Mets.  Tried the Phillies last year and just couldn't.  I'm thinking Jays, Rays or Braves.

My local and national league team is the Nationals.   Been following them since they started when they were absolutely terrible, and watched them blossom last year.  Can't go wrong with the Nats!  Besides, the mascot is an American Eagle which is kind of cool.  

I really do prefer National League baseball over American League baseball.   In 2020, I will be watching and attending lots of Nats games because I will not be watching Red Sox games (or purchasing MLB package).  I've put the Red Sox in mental time out, and I will not be spending any money to attend or watch Red Sox games this year. 

It used to be that I thought the players and managers were the good guys and the GM and front office were a bunch of wankers.  That perspective is gone.   With this scandal, I think the commissioner has to do something with the players.   How is this different from players like Pete Rose and Shoeless Joe Jackson who had lifetime bans put on them for gambling or taking money to throw a game?   In my mind this level and degree of cheating is far worse than gambling because it involves the whole team, yet nothing is being done to the players.   If I was commissioner, the players, coach and any front office personnel would be banned from baseball for life.   Houston and other teams would be promoting a lot of AAA guys for the 2020 season. 

Sorry for the left turn onto Rant Avenue but this has really got me pissed off probably because my team is part of it. 

As always, JMO.       

Last edited by fenwaysouth