Skip to main content

Reply to "Wow - Astros penalty is out"

So, regarding the "wearable devices" element to this story, specifically the video of Altuve covering his jersey as he crosses home plate, he put out this statement via his agent...

...and this is his statement: ‘I have never worn an electronic device in my performance as a major league player.’ … [Altuve] has never been involved in any information with the use of an electronic device that is triggered during the course of the game. Fans need to keep in mind that there are a lot of players who are in the spider web, but they are not the black widow just because they are a member of the team or the league.

What I found to be missing in this statement is any denial of involvement in the bigger picture of the scandal.  Sure seems to me, if you are going to make a point to publicly clear yourself, you would do it all the way if innocent of any wrongdoing.  Unfortunately, my A + B = C logic tells me he was definitely involved in benefiting from the "trash can" version.  One of my favorites.  Dammit.

Last edited by cabbagedad