Skip to main content

Reply to "WWBA"

The size of the tournament has very little bearing on what is happening.  We rent as many fields as we need so if we had half the number of teams we would have half as many fields.  Sometimes we can get extra fields at the last minute, but it isn't easy.

We expect people to be frustrated when these things happen.  Teams are here to play and that is what everyone, especially PG, wants.  If you think you are being treated unfairly just email staff@perfectgame and tell us what you're concerns are.  I am the only person associated with PG that responds here at the HSBBW. 

I understand the frustration, but often it gets to be a bit of piling on.  I mean I read some posts that make me think we have never done anything correctly.  Bad guns, bad scouts, bad information, bad technology, only care about money, bad umpires, you name it we are bad at it.  Go tell that to the college coaches you run across and see how well it works.

I also understand that we are not alone when it comes to receiving the wrath.  I read about the heat in Arizona, teams not playing on the featured field, and all the complaints.  My suggestion to the many that bitch constantly about everything... Give up baseball because you will drive yourself crazy over time.  I once spent thousands of dollars taking my family to see our son pitch in Yankee Stadium.  Game rained out, last game of the series, make up later in the year, team went on the road.  Was that totally frustrating?  Of course!  What did the Yankees or MLB do about it? Nothing!  How much bitching did I do?  None, because I have been around long enough to know these things can and do happen.

Sandiegorealist,

If you are from San Diego, maybe the weather in Georgia is kind of confusing.  But you might want to change the realist part of your user name.  Just kidding, I feel your pain in this case.  But your head would spin if you could see what our people are doing nearly around the clock to make the tournament as good as possible.  I hope you feel a bit differently as the tournament goes on. Hopefully you will see something you like.