Skip to main content

Reply to "WWBA"

Backpick25 posted:
Steve A. posted:
CaCO3Girl posted:

I don't get the mound issue.  We had a thread here awhile back where PG Staff said he didn't want people pitching on mounds that had issues.  He said to tell the ump and then the field person.  Was it that no one wanted to complain for fear of their game being cancelled?

The point is that there is no immediate solution to the issue. You have a turf surface with a large rut at the rubber & landing. All the field crew can do is sweep little rubber pebbles into the rut which you can not pack so it is like pitching in sand.

There was also a hole in the turf with bare concrete showing (landing). Son was told to move over by the umpire...... The umpire stopped the game after he took the tumble and made them repair it.

Its a facility issue. I would think, IF the facility likes holding the prestigious events, they would perform maintenance as needed. I'm pretty sure I could find a qualified inspector with a simple phone call, starting with the original vendor that installed the turf.

The problem areas are excessive wear areas. By the numbers, the fields likely take on many times the wear it takes a similar complex that supports local events only. 

Dirt mound-Problem Solved- Rake, water, tamper, done in 5 minutes.