Skip to main content

Reply to "WWBA CHAMPIONSHIP Jupiter Florida"

We attended Jupiter last year and are going this year as well. The tournament is amazing. It would be difficult if not impossible to exaggerate the number of college and pro scouts in attendance. Although my son had been to many well attended showcase events - nothing could have prepared us for this event. At son's first pitching start in Jupiter there were no fewer than 60 scouts present. (I am not suggesting all were there to see my son.) Golf carts all the way down both base lines - sometimes 2 deep - and scouts packed behind the backstop. I have seen games with fewer spectators than there were scouts there. For a barely 16 year old pitcher it was more than a little unnerving when all the radar guns came up in unison at the first pitch (like a scene from a movie)it was surreal. Yes it was a great event and lots of fun - but it was also an incredible step in maturing in the sport. I suggest that some attempt at preparing players for the number of scouts might be appropriate. Like all PG events son has attended it was well run and it was incredible baseball.
Last edited by YesReally