Skip to main content

Reply to "Yearly Thoughts........."

PIAA-ump...

I too stand and applaud your action. You give yourself too little credit for stepping into the breech on behalf of this child. Far too many of us would have noticed the problem and rationalized it away, forever afterwards minimizing the event in an effort to push away our own demons.

You are haunted by this event. Who wouldn't be. But how much worse would be the effect had you opted to ignore one young boy's plight. Your action sets a great example for others, whether or not we choose to recognize and follow it. As for your detractors, I am convinced that all people who dare to make a difference in this world will be ridiculed. How sad and small.

I, too, am one who places no stock in coincidence. You were the right man, at the right time, by devine design. I believe each of us is called to make a difference in this world, to greater or lesser degrees. You, sir, hold my undying respect and admiration.

Please don't stop telling this story as it may inspire someone else to care enough to intervene on behalf of a child in trouble.