Skip to main content

Reply to "You don't have to be that good to get a scholarship..."

First of all, I would like to thank all those who verify that this does happen, especially PGStaff, whose outfit, I believe, runs an excellent and reputable showcase for HS ballplayers. As for those who are outraged by this thread, please read the responses and learn something. You are hearing from HS coaches, college coaches, and evaluators giving you insight into the recruiting process.

Here I am trying to be positive and give hope to those who haven't been noticed and some are getting upset about that. It is great to know that these kids still have a chance because of knowledgeable baseball people and their contacts. Again, it is not always what you know, but who you know. I did not say that these were favors granted to undeserving ballplayers.

And, I am glad that my son is involved with people who can help. As you know, the best players will be found by the colleges. It is this next group that must do all the marketing of themselves, including attending showcases, college camps, etc. to improve their scholarship chances. How lucky for them to run into someone who can help...

See? I CAN be nice.
Last edited by limom84