Skip to main content

Reply to "You never know who is watching"

In HS one of my sons travel coach (an associate scout for the Cards) brother was Scouting director at teh time my son was in HS. He was at many games watching son play but in his senior year he told son he thought he should go to college first. He is no longer the scouting director but part of the organization and up at the cape son bumped into him. Not sure if this had anything to do with the draft, but just seems too coincidental to me.

SDBB told me the other night that he was at a game during the summer and both cardinal scouts sittng near him knew of son, another player's parent who posts here plays for a Cardinals scout team in Ohio and that manager knows of son. So I imagine, if you are on a teams radar all scouts from the team may be watching you.

That's not to mention all the scouts that college coaches have sent out to watch you play. Smile

I think it is important to let your young players know that at anytime someone very important may be watching everything that you do and to make it a good habit during your HS or college years to always remember that.
Last edited by TPM