Skip to main content

Reply to "You stay classy, "little kid baseball league" parents. (edited to protect the innocent)"

Ridiculous....  I'm not surprised that one such person exists at any given LL game, but I am shocked at the sheer number of idiots who were willing to be participants in this incident.  

7 year old kids??  I wonder if the dynamic at my local LL field is the norm.  Majors division on up, historically, there is very little drama in the games.  Its seems by that time most of the kids, coaches, and parents have figured out that a bad call here and there isn't the end of the world.  Also, by that age most of the kids have played with several kids on the opposing team in some lower division and in large the parents cheer for the kids they know on both teams.  But once you go below Majors ball it starts to get silly.  Managers harass umps about their strike zones and every close call requires a heated meeting with the umpire guilty of the supposed bad call.  I would expect it to get a little more intense as the quality of baseball improves, but that is the exact opposite of what happens here.