Skip to main content

Reply to "Young 12U Prospect Thread - Where are they now?"

My son's cooperstown team when he was 12 came from a 30 mile area with less than 50,000 people.  They have 1 second round draft pick, 2 SEC, 1 ACC, 3 Mid Major D1's, 3 NAIA players, 1 turned down  and all except 3 started varsity as freshmen.  2 were player of the years for their states and 10 of them made all-region senior year.  All 13 started their varsity teams last year.  They finished third that week and hit an incredible amount of HR's.  They lost in 12 inning game when the first baseman bobbled the ball three times and a run scored.  My son threw way too many pitches that week because I was not there and there is no pitch limit.  No lasting problems from it but only time coach and I really got into a heated conversation after they got home.  We still joke about it to this day.  He said my son kept saying he was fine, which he was but could have gone bad.  They set a Cooperstown record for most strikeouts in a game between the two teams.  There were only four hits in 12 innings.  The kid who came in relief for the other team in the fourth inning also threw too many pitches and was drafted last year in second or third round.    It is a place of great memories. 

There is a new organization in Branson Missouri trying to replicate it with upgraded facilities including turf fields and nice sleeping quarters.  Have not been there but looks like incredible facility.

https://www.ballparksofamerica.com/