Skip to main content

Reply to "Youngest player u Have Seen Dominate Varsity Ball?"

TPM posted:
roothog66 posted:
hsbaseball101 posted:

but at least one pitch looked like a curve and I don't agree with letting a kid that young throw curves.

Edit: Comment removed by me. No need to take this thread on a slant pattern.

Good thing you did because I know plenty of kids that threw them very young and aND most are not playing anymore.

Regardless, it's ridiculous.

I removed my comment almost immediately because it was a sidetrack. However, you couldn't leave it at that could you? Of course not. I'm sorry I don't put much stock in your anecdotal evidence vs. ASMI (and other's studies) unless of course you can document those kids, how much they were pitched overall, etc. If you really want to make the argument, start another thread and I'll drown your anecdotal stories with hard, scientific measurements and studies that actually tracked this issue and didn't rely on "I knew this kid that threw a lot of curves and his arm fell off" without revealing that the kid threw 200 pitches a week for three years or taking into account any other factors. Otherwise, let's leave it out of this thread. Hopefully, you'll do me the courtesy of recognizing that I didn't want to sidetrack this thread (as I now have done, of course) and resist the uncontrollable urge to comment on everything under the sun (not, apparently, that I'm much better - but I did try).