Skip to main content

Reply to "Your barrel is supposed to work around the ball"

Answer is no.  As I often state, I am an ex expert.  I find that today "experts" are a dime a dozen and many if not most are clueless.  So, I'd rather just settle with being an ex expert.  

Cues have to be explained and demonstrated.  Tell em, show em, let em.  A cue I find that works the best for me and my hitters is to point the knob and deliver the barrel.  I coach with "restraints" where I want the hitter to have a sense of measurements in their swing.  I do a lot of work trying to get my hitters understand and control the lag position and just before what many call the "go position."  I believe in a hitter's hands coming into a relationship with that back shoulder for a very small period of time and then coming off.  I have a different way of describing that action than most and I'll keep it at that.  Keep in mind that I have been on this website for a very long time and for a very long time under a different name.  I was around and survived the hitting wars.  I'm still at it which says a lot given how ruthless that age was.