Skip to main content

Reply to "your comments appreciated"

The question might be a bit unfair. I think it is more about "economics". Everyone wants a great education. Everyone wants to make a decent living. A fortunate few have a choice to make out of high school, college now or acceptance of a financial package that meets their individual needs at the time.

I would guess that most players, even those that receive million dollar+ signing bonuses out of high school still would love to have a college education. I know there are exceptions, but I believe most college players would have turned pro had their economic expectations been met initially.

I would have loved to have my son have the "college experience", but things worked out in a way that enabled him to pursue the career he loves now. He is experiencing life in a way few will ever experience. It's a trade-off. But let me tell you,professionally, he is getting the opportunity to play with some of the best players in the country now, position for position. He's training with some of the best coaches in the country now. It's competitive and intense and he wouldn't have it any other way. Might he fail, i.e. not make it to the "Show"? Sure. It's a gamble, but his life experiences in such a short time have already been worthwhile. Best wishes to all who have some tough decisions coming up this June.

Last edited {1}