Skip to main content

Reply to "Your (dad) coaching/instruction when you were in LL"

"Sorry RJM, that is simply not what I intended and I think perhaps your skin is a little too thin for even the most modest comments that at best could be construed as ambiguous."

I try not to post a lot on here but rather do more reading/listening but thought I should on this one even though its none of my business. The first thing in my mind when I read your first reply in this thread to RJM is "why is the poster constantly busting RJM's ballz?" I've noticed it is all I'm saying.

To the OP's thoughts, I heard the f-bomb the first time I can recall from my first day in "farm" league LL ball. Coach towards his own kid.

From then on, LL was only in spring(70's era...the nineteen hundred seventies). Coach's brought 4 helmets and 4 wood bats to practices/games in an old army duffle bag. No one had their own bats/helmets/bags...Coach had about 4 balls in the bag and they were beat to heck. Coachs came to practice straight from the shipyard in there work clothes and boots. There was no travel ball of course, no paid hitting/pitching coaches, there wasn't even a batting cage. NO one used a batting tee. I'm sure theres more.

Last edited by Gmnk