Skip to main content

Reply to "Your favorite college baseball stadium?"

Better yet... I believe the most beautiful parks in any one Conference belong to the Mountain West Conference. OK, you can't really count some of them, as they are AAA parks, but the college teams still get to use them, and they call them "home".

Isotopes in Albuquerque - already mentioned, for the UofNM

Franklin Covey (SLC) - for the University of Utah. The backdrop looking out over left and center fields looks like the mtns have been painted on the sky.

Sky Sox (on occasion for USAFA) - Colorado Springs
and
Falcon Field (on campus)- Terrible field, and the Fear of the West for most pitchers... 7500 ft elevation, with a wind off Pikes Peak that blows to straight away Center, when it's not blowing to Right or to Left, that can sand blast the chrome off a trailer hitch. Rumor has it that a ball hit last May, hasn't come down yet. You can find Falcon Field by turning right at the B52.

TCU - a beautiful ballpark

Tony Gwynn Stadium (SDSU). Aging, but still a great one.

UNLV - in view of the Strip and right under the flight plan of McCarren Airport. I do like this fan friendly park.

But the best, and I think right up there with Baylor, Pepperdine, Univ of Spoiled Daughters (for it's unique juxtposition) is...

BYU - at the base of the Wasatch... great architecture (probably the same guy who did the Denver Internat'l Airport), good food, huge fan support. I just personally think they can be some of the nastiest fans on the planet.

cadDAD

Last edited by AcademyDad