Skip to main content

Reply to "Your first MLB baseball game"

My Dad tells me it was a Red Sox game when I was in Kindergarten.  I don't remember.   I do remember moving from Massachusetts to Toledo, OH in first grade.   My entire class was going to a Tigers/Twins game (1968) , and I think I wondered off and got separated from everybody.   I had no idea where I was, but I eventually found my way back to the buses by the end of the game.   I remember the old Tiger stadium was a dump, and Norm Cash hit a homerun.   

Not related to the topic, but my wife and I were talking about this at dinner the other night.      The most memorable regular season game for us was the day before we got married.  My wife and I and two friends decide to drive from Kennebunkport, ME to go to a Red Sox /Rangers game.   Clemens was pitching and they were sold out.   Clemens would get shelled and not last more than a couple innings.   Some guy in an Armani suit opens a door @Fenway that we didn't even know was there and offered us fantastic seats behind home plate for $0.   Gave them to us right there.   We told him we were getting married tomorrow and he said this was his present to us.   Then he was gone.   It was the weirdest thing.