Skip to main content

Reply to "Your thoughts are needed"

Hmmmm,...trying to think waaaaaay back to the old college dorm/apartment days. I feel for your son and I commend his mature behavior!
I just cant help thinking that surely he is not the first kid who has been mismatched with his room mates.

There has got to be some good feedback from the HSBBW out there.
I too, think this would be a good post for the general forums area. I personally would be interested to see what the dads and other coaches opinions are about this.

There has to be some sort of backup plan in these types of circumstances.
Honestly I'd try to resolve this as quick as possible before it gets worse.
Does your son know of anyone who would be willing to switch with him? If he does, perhaps they could both go into the coach and tell him that they have already worked it out, just need him to give them the a-ok and sign on the dotted line.
If that isnt a solution, even though it may not be the most popular approach, I'd have my son go into the coach and just tell him straight up. Coach,.....I need a quieter more studious apartment, and how do I make this happen?

Part of me really wants to say,
" Kick butt and take names later ",....
but not sure how well that will go over! ha!

I have a feeling no matter how many future practices
the " partiers " have to run,..they aren't going to change their partying ways.
Unfortunately it takes a while, some longer than others, to get that whole party scenario out of their system.

Ya know,... the more I think about it, the more I'm liking my " Kick butt and take names to the coach " approach! Its hard core, but these guys are freshmen,..obliviously underage,...the sooner they learn the rules,.the better!

Just my opinion,...hope it helps! I'll be watching to see what others have to say.
Hugzzzzz!!
Last edited by shortstopmom