Skip to main content

Reply to "Your thoughts are needed"

You break the law,..you get turned in.
Gutts, leadership, respect, go hand in hand in my book.

quote:
Do you have a son that's played college or pro ball?

And as far as giving advice or opinions,..this is what this board is all about. Its for the taking or the ignoring. Its about choice.
Not sure if having a son play college or professional ball is the ONLY criteria mandating a valued opinion here,...but I'm sure it helps and is most likey valued very high to alot of people.
There are many people on the HSBBW with lots of experience, advice, and opinions. Perhaps some of us get these from personal experiences. Perhaps we have sons/daughters who have crossed these bridges before. Maybe we have coached, or perhaps we are just good ol' Americans with the love of the sport who have life-lessons to pass on to to others, hoping that something in our story or opinion might help someone else.

Do I have sons who have played college or pro ball? Nope...( not yet! ha!)
Do I have an older son who just last year went through the college recruiting process and then, suddenly turned it all down and walked away to join the military? Uh huh.
Do I have personal experience with a sport at the college and pro level. Yes ma'am, strangely enough, I personally do, stemming waaay back from years ago, but I do.
Do I think anyone should listen to my opinions?
Only if they feel it helps them and they choose to.
Any and all are free to ignore, ( and quite frankly I'm sure many do! ha! ) I'm just thinking out loud and throwing it out there into cyber space.

Wouldn't it be awesome though if some little part helped someone with something in their life? Or perhaps put a smile on their face or made them laugh for half a second? Maybe it made them angry, so angry to the point where they re-thought their own thoughts and then came to their own good solution?

LUVBB,..I think all of your above posts were great! I personally got a kick out of your military analogies! They illustrated your point quite clearly in my head! And I applaud your daughter. Sounds like she is doing an awesome job and has her head on straight!!!! That deserves big kudos. I'm taking notes to pass on to my teenage daughter for the future!

Life lessons being learned daily,...me too,..every day!

P.S. Custody of the dorm really is a good thing, isn't it! Big Grin
Last edited by shortstopmom