Skip to main content

Reply to "Your thoughts are needed"

A little update...
Going to his coach was a good thing. He made the choice on his own, did it and lived through the repercussions. For awhile I think some of the guys assumed it was him, but he didn't care what they thought. Things did calm down for awhile. They found someplace else to do their partying and only did it at their place once in awhile.

However, they were still majorly rude, inconsiderate pigs. They left a week before my son for Christmas and left every single dish, pot, pan and utensil dirty in the sink, on the counters and the stove! And they were going away for a month! The son went ahead and cleaned it all so he could have a week in his apartment with his friends.

Now I know that lots of people have room mate horror stories, but they kicked it up a notch when they got back from Christmas break. His two room mates and another kid were involved with something I consider to be very, very bad and disgusting so we as parents called the coach and he has been moved out of his apartment into one with hopefully more decent kids.

I am proud that he made his own decisions in telling the coach. I'm also proud that he didn't care what the repercussions would be in being a 'tattle tale'. He stood up for what was right and did it with confidence.

I am just thrilled that he is out of what had the potential to now be a life threatening situation and is in a new place.

I'd like to thank all of you that helped me through this when it was first happening. It was great to be able to come here for a shoulder to lean and cry on about it and to get different perspectives. You all are great! Razz