Skip to main content

Reply to "Youth Baseball"

Jerry:

You have me a little confused. I am referring primarily to Connie Mack baseball and its World Series, the winner of which -- to the best of my knowledge -- has never gone as a team to Jupiter. I know for sure that the Arizona Firebirds have never gone, even after they won in Farmington three or four years ago.

But, even if the Connie Mack winner did go, it would not be the same team since most of the players on the World Series winner typically would be graduated seniors in the summer and, thus, college freshmen by the time Jupiter rolled around.

But, I am not including the WWBA stuff in my assessment since I view that differently -- perhaps incorrectly -- but differently, which is the reason in my posting why I said "sustained" competition through a complete season since I also view the WWBA stuff as individual tournaments. I concede, however, that might be because my perspective from here in Arizona has limited my view to a certain degree of Perfect Game endeavors.

I concur with anyone who proclaims Jupiter to be the most amazing single event (along with the Area Code Games) that is out there.
Last edited by jemaz