Skip to main content

Reply to "Youth Baseball"

jemaz,

I assure you that Midland has played in our tournaments in Marietta with the same roster they took to Farmington. The East Cobb Astros have played every year in the WWBA in Marietta with their entire Farmington roster. These two teams have dominated the Connie Mack Championships over the years. One or the other wins nearly every year. Since 1997 California teams have won it twice, Arizona once, East Cobb Yankees won it 5 times and Midland has won it 5 times. Midland has won it several other times as well.

The Connie Mack World Series is a great event. It draws big crowds and it is a spectacular event. The two teams mentioned above are very good every year. However, the truth is, from a talent standpoint, the East Cobb Yankees aren't even the most talented team in East Cobb Georgia,let alone in the entire country.

I fully understand how great the Connie Mack is and why it is a focal point for many outstanding programs. I also know that there are differences between the WWBA and other organizations. My point is strictly from a talent and scouting standpoint, only Connie Mack (AABC) of those listed in the original post is even close. And we do see nearly all of those teams that qualify for Farmington at the WWBA tournaments. It's just that, so far, they haven't done that well in the WWBA tournaments. There's just too much talent at those events in addition to those teams. When it gets into the playoffs the competition is tougher.