Skip to main content

Reply to "Youth Baseball"

quote:
Originally posted by PGStaff:
Jim,

Rereading some of my comments. I need to say that I personally have gone on record as saying the Connie Mack World Series is the greatest event in amateur baseball. I still feel that way. And many of the teams that qualify are among the very best including, of course, Midland Redskins and East Cobb Yankees. Both those teams do have a ton of talent every year. Midland, especially, has a couple Aflac all americans most every year. However, a team like the ABD Bulldogs, East Cobb Braves and others have had many more.

Also, it's not really that hard to qualify depending on what region you're in. In Texas, it is very tough. In the southeast it is tough. Maybe it's tough in Arizona, Illinois or California, too. Now there are some additional qualifiers which are a good idea IMO. Some teams, on the other hand, have a fairly easy time in qualifying for Farmington. There are a few teams who don't belong every year for that small and elite of a tournament.

Guess I got caught up in the original list of organizations in this thread. What we do is much different than the other organizations. Yet, the WWBA really is a "baseball organization". In fact, the WWBA runs the biggest tournaments played on full sized fields in baseball history. I'm fairly certain the WWBA draws more scouting and recruiting interest than all other organizations. Therefore, if we are talking about the best baseball organizations at least at the older ages..... Confused

Jerry- Pretty simple. This is a youth (under high school) thread. They are wondering where the best baseball is for youths- not high school.