Skip to main content

Reply to "Youth Baseball Bats"

quote:
Originally posted by Diablo con Huevos:
Leverage- a "well balanced" bat does not teach a kid muscle memory. Doing something over and over again through repetitions (swimming/riding a bike) teaches muscles memory...
youth bats aren't "well balanced" anyway.. they are end-loaded - the handle end unfortunetly - seeing how wood bats are end loaded...

end loaded bats don't create problems for kids learning to hit... parents/poor instructors creat problems by teaching the wrong mechanics... if a kid is tought how to use his body properly to swing a bat, he will be fine...

I know that I can always come here for disagreement. If you think end loaded bats are good for really young hitters that is great. I've swung every high and medium level youth bat. Some are more end loaded and cause hands to cast or the hitter to wrap the ball. The balanced bats provide more bat control for young players. I have timed numerous swing speeds and measured tons of balls off the tee for distance comparing these bats. The bat I have posted has produced the best results and best habits for young hitters.

Let me know which bat you think is the best bat for young hitters since I believe that is what this topic is about anyway.