Skip to main content

Reply to "Youth Baseball Bats"

quote:
Originally posted by Diablo con Huevos:
Lev- the best hitters I have seen, swing wood bats, not balanced bats...

its not easier to stay inside the ball with a certain bat.. but it is with certain mechanics - if taught properly.. it is NOT easier to hit up the middle with a balanced bat.. there is a correlation between where the pitch location is relative to where ball is hit to on field.. not on if bat is balanced or not, that is silly... u r telling me that a pitch on outside corner would be more effortlessly hit up the middle because of bat balance? that ball should be hit to opposite field no matter the bat.... batters can wait longer, if taught how to get into launch position correctly and taught how to generate (with body) batspeed with correct mechanics.. wait and see is an eye/brain thing, not a bat thing..... physilogy 101
backspin is dictated by where ball is struck with bat, not on thickness of barrell... backspin is not the root to all distance/power in a hitter.. hitting the ball solid is - back half middle. the ball is gonna have backspin or topspin on it every time.. well, 99.9999% of time hardly ever going to knuckle...

crisper hits/consistent hits are the effect of better eye/hand coordination, not a certain bat...

PARENTS- Don't drink the Kool-Aid!!!

Lev- besides all my young hitters (pre-high school) I have over 50 players I have worked with (since pre-high school) playing in college, including a rescent Big XII Player of the Year, 13 in minor leagues and five currently on big league rosters... non are where they are because of a youth bat being more forgiving... they have quality mechanics....

I hate to sound like Ted Williams, but it ain't the arrow, it's the indian.... keep pushing your b.s. though... hopefully your making your $$ somehow in all this garbage...

I've never seen so little thought compressed into so many words. You still have not gotten on topic and stated the best youth bat.