Skip to main content

Reply to "Youth Baseball Bats"

quote:
Originally posted by Diablo con Huevos:
i don't have any 8 year olds now... but have in past and 9n yr olds, etc... and if we cant find a bat that is drop three they swing (during lessons/practice) wood which is equivalent to drop three or drop zero...

they can do it, don't set there limits for them...

how'd you like it if your son went to school and teacher told them they were going to teach them this or that because they prob couldnt do it anyways....

"more players don't reach their potential due to lack of proper instruction rather than lack of ability." _ Rod Dedeaux, Legendary Coach of USC

I guess the bat companies like Easton and everybody else are just wasting their money with all that silly research and development. I guess taking buckets of balls, numerous models of bats and hitting them off the tee and measuring distance doesn't matter either. You are wasting time trying to argue that these bats don't matter. Some bats hit better than others. It is that simple.

There is a reason composite bats are being banned in the NCAA. Do you even know how an Exogrid compares to a Rawlings Liquid Metal on the field? Or the difference between an Easton and Louisville and how they feel? How about MOI? How about how some bat cuts work great as a kid and don't work as well as you get stronger.

Kids need great mechanics. I'm not going to argue that point. It is first and foremost. However, bats hit differently and there are some that are a lot better than others.

To argue there is no difference between a $50 and $200 bat is absurd.

I've seen great youth hitters swing drop 3's too and they drop the bat head and pop up too much.