Skip to main content

Reply to "YOUTH PROGRAMS"

We left a corrupt Ripken program that went from 1,000 participants down to 400 in a matter of a few years. The LL we joined was well run. When I arrived I convinced them to run weekly clinics. It allowed the kids with less than steller coaching to receive some quality instruction.

The youth organization with the corrupt Ripken program also oversaw Babe Ruth, community travel ball, Jr Legion and Legion. I started a Sunday doubleheader USSSA travel team to help potential all stars prepare for the LL tournament. At 13u I transformed the team into a top travel team with former LL all stars from throughout the district. Other age groups follwed suit. The LL had unaffilliated 9u to 12u travel teams. These teams all did what I did at 13u. They faced top competition.

My son's soph year of high school was only the 4th winning season in 21 years and the first in several years. The next two years they won the conference. They've now had seven consecutive winning season. A new AD and coach helped too.