Skip to main content

Reply to "Update to: zero, zilch, nada"

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.  NCAA doesn't use your actual SAT score, they use the Math section and only the reading portion of the Evidence Based Reading and Writing (English) part of the SAT.  So it's quite possible his score is much lower than 920 and with a 2.8 (have you calculated his core course GPA? It could be significantly higher or lower)  he's probably quite close or under the 700pts he needs. Certainly closer than coaches would want. Here's a link: https://www.ncaa.org/sites/def..._Reference_Sheet.pdf     Yes, the baseball is important but I would suggest a focus on the academics part.  This Saturday is a testing date, all the deadlines have passed but you could try to talk your way into a test.  If not, May 2nd and he needs to practice.  Multiple times.  Khan Academy has free test prep and tutorials.   

I would agree that JUCO is probably the best route and this point.  Also, send video to Embry Riddle in AZ, he's low for academics but he fits in their "demonstrated passion" department, and they just started a baseball team.  Who knows how much pull the coach has? (long shot but...)  Good luck.

Last edited by LousyLefty