Skip to main content

Reply to "Update to: zero, zilch, nada"

DBAT-DFW posted:
Shoveit4Ks posted:

Go to school, finish all the aviation training etc and go fly planes. Juco sounds like the best "baseball" option but it is not glamorous at most schools and if he has a passion for aeronautics, why bother with baseball? No harm intended here, my son was not driven or did not have a passion like this outside of baseball, so i admire it. Best of luck to your son.

Oh, I agree.  This may be the best option.  In fact we own our own plane, so the flying / training is the easy part.  This was him last night handling it like a pro already.

But did he do his homework first?  

Seriously, if he wants to play baseball you need to call his counselor today.  Find out what his core course GPA is, when he can take the SAT or ACT, start studying with a tutor.  I'm thinking SAT only because you said he did fairly well on the Math section so he can focus on the EBRW section in hopes of combining two best scores.  College baseball isn't just for kids who aren't good enough or need more time for development before the MLB, it's for players that have done both the work on the field AND in the classroom.  Your son is probably a great kid, but he hasn't done what he needed to do.

If he wants to be a pilot, let him follow that dream. Although, unless he applied to a backup school, deadlines have passed.  He is probably headed to junior college- there is no shame in that. You just need to decide if he can handle school and baseball or if he should focus on academics, then find the best option available.