Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

dirty...I saw your team play a couple of ballgames at UIC this past summer. Let's not get carried away. Perinar pitched fine for about 4 innings but then when he went out.....NBH^%T$RTT!!!!

You lost a game to the Wisconsin Blazers and then got pounded by a hamburger team from someplace near St. Louis.

The defensive play was BRUTAL.

While I am sure that you guys also played a few good games this summer, but, there was absolutely no reason for the "talk" when you guys couldn't "walk the walk".

I was there. I don't want to hear excuses. Just say that there were plenty of games that your team did not play well.
Hot...Ryan doesn't know "officially" yet--I don't think.

Last 5 were Stanford, Harvard, Rice, Princeton and Mississippi State.

He was at Princeton last weekend with a 2002 Upper Deck Cougars' teammate, Will McDaneil (from Houston, Texas), and really enjoyed his experience.

If he wants it, a couple of visits left and that should do it.

I think Ryan always wanted to leave the area. Have had lots of "fun" conversations about this recruiting process.

I know NIU has made some positive moves re their baseball program. I'm ecstatic about the sucess of their football team this year!

Ryan really never had anything but "mild" interest (standard recruiting letter and questionnaire) from Northern and I don't believe he received a call from them.

Good luck as you prepare for the season in the "off-season"--that is where springtime success unfolds!
i'm so tired of all these top tier people comin' on here and talkin absome they are...then when someone brings up prairie gravel is better they get all defensive about how they were older....cry me a river...u were the ones braggin about wait until the next draft and see how many people get drafted....but if im not mistaken if u go pro don't u have to play against older people...so that is just another excuse on why top tier loses... just actually come out and say that u arent as good as u guys all think u are....sure u have talent and some people that will get drafted but ive seen u play before and u guys are mediocre at best and with ur guys' cocky attitudes it shows when u play....u play down to ur opponents level....so stop talkin a big game and actually let ur play speak for urselves
hitTHIS-

Please, Please, Please- understand this is a forum for positive input about high school baseball experiences. It is not a forum for a college student at Eastern Illinois and graduate of the Providence Hype-tics to come here and make controversial/foolish posts. You sound like a bitter college player that can't let go his failures at the high school level. I have acquired that information by only observing your posts. What exactly are your credentials for your almightly and highly critical posts? Let it go.

I dont care about Top Tier at all. But from reading these posts, I cannot comprehend how they can be viewed as cocky. Noone even said anything about older competition as an excuse- at least I haven't seen it. I think it's good if these kids have a competitive attitude especially with all these D1/draftable players that they supposedly have. I've only seen them play twice and they impressed the hell out of me. I'm actaully schocked at the negative observations about "what they do on the field." I don't know what went on when everyone else saw it. From what I saw and IMHO, they are more than ready to compete with any elite teams- and I've seen plenty. I think it would actually be fun for all these elite teams (Norwood, Prairie Gravel, Top Tier, Lombard, etc.) to play each other in a "multi-game series" or two over the summer. It'd be great for Illinois baseball at least, since noone on here seems to care about where I live, Indiana. LOL

There is a reason you "talk to yourself" on the board and noone feels the need to respond. Shouldn't you be in class, or playing baseball, or doing something else than bashing a bunch of high school players (the majority who don't talk trash, or even go on this board). If you have a problem with their coach who promotes his players "differently" then take it up with him. Classy individuals like BoomerIL and myself will be the first to tell you that. I did not feel the need to respond immediately, but later I realized this "boardsmanship" cannot escape with impunity.

BASEBALL IS A FRIENDLY GAME
If you guys are talking about the Gravel 18 and under team, disregard this message

If you are talking about the college age team...one word...GARBAGE...The first summer I played against gravel was in 2000, guys like Pignatello, Olsen, Whealey, Edgecomb, Santoro, Pat Flyn, Manuel, Guest just to name a few...The only notable name on this years swuad was Caleb Fields, who did not impress me at at all. With Coach Doyle gone, PG wll continue diminishing, I mean who uses 17 year old players in an 18-22 year old league? Now then PG mens team, the best around, will beat anyone anywhere. You want to talk college teams...Lombard Orioles, Arlington Orioles, Hi-Tech SCanners, Melrose Indians, those teams have ball players, not people that play baseball.
Matt Jernstad a hard throwing lefty from Oswego High School. One of the most dominating pitchers around. Has great location hard breaking curveball nice change up and his fast ball is upper 80s. 6'2 220, looking forward to starting right away for the Huskies. Also plays with Express 18u team. Looking forward to beating Prarie Gravel and Top Teir AGAIN.
Last edited {1}

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.