Skip to main content

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the Forum. I just wanted to share my YouTube page with you all because it is mainly interviews with college baseball coaches and tours of clubhouses. It's all FREE and I ask coaches all the questions parents/recruits quietly think about. I think you'll find this to be a great resource.

I'd be happy to answer questions and communicate with you, too, if you ever needed. My Twitter handle is @JRudd_Scout. Please feel free to DM me on that account.

Hope you and your players enjoy the videos & find them helpful in your recruiting process.

Below is the URL to the YouTube vault.

www.youtube.com/user/jrudd03

--

Josh Rudd

INDEPENDENT COLLEGE BASEBALL SCOUT

FLATGROUND CONTENT PROVIDER

www.JRuddScout.com

Last edited by Josh Rudd (@JRudd_Scout)
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello Josh,

Nice to meet you ... well,  sort off.

I've been watching and enjoying your videos regularly over the past two months... great content, both very informative and occasionally quite entertaining  (more so than Jimmy Fallon has been).

As a non-baseball dad with just one baseball playing son starting HS in the fall ... your college coach interviews have been great! priceless and timeless. Thank you and thanks to all the coaches that have contributed!

Thank you @Josh Rudd (@JRudd_Scout)!!!

1. For the quarantined coaches youtube's (so great to have those during the super pandemic lockdown's.

2. For calling out the showcase/tourney circuit on not having suitable video/streams/other for college coaches to watch or for parents to link to for recruiting purposes. 

3. For the content that you will be bringing in the future. (I have some ideas and will reach out via twitter DM)

One request that I would like to see from you is having your quarantined coaches and other videos in podcast form rather than just youtube. While it is nice seeing you and the coaches faces youtube does not work as well as being able to download podcasts for walks, bike rides, car trips (one of the best ways to listen with my son) and other ways. 

Again, thanks!

Well, this is cool - I really didn’t know I’d find people here that were already locked into some of this stuff. Let me try to respond to those above, because I do sincerely appreciate hearing that people enjoy and take in the stuff we’ve been able to get out.

MJD-DAD —— thank you! I agree with them becoming a source of entertainment. At some point I run out of baseball questions, or more than likely just get tired of asking them.

TPM —— Who is Kyle Body? Do I lose street cred for having no clue who that is? And yes, my buddy Rob (aka PitchingNinja) told me about this site a while back but for some reason I’m just getting around to being locked in. I owe Rob a ton for helping me over the past year and I’m enjoying doing podcast stuff with him and pro guys now, even though I’m out of my league.

2022NYC —— I’m not looking for a launching pad, but I am interested in a more mellow baseball recruiting community than Twitter. That place is dangerous.

USED2LURK —— Your username is sketchy. Aside from that, thanks for the comments. TBH, all this content was never the plan. I’m not familiar with podcast apps and how to do that. Sounds like something I should look into, though.

Welcome Josh- Great interviews/questions of Coaches, all very refreshing.  Appreciate you and Rob sharing players info via twitter.  Lot of amazing parents on this site have provided a treasure chest of excellent, free information for younger parents.  I think a lot of folks would be interested to hear you interview or get your thoughts on your Twitter/YouTube channel on Headfirst and Showball type events?  All the best!  

Welcome Josh!

What a wonderful thing you are doing and sharing and so timely and informative. Love all the information and insight you’re able to capture and share and it really does matter and help. You cover the stuff the parents and kids talk and worry about.

Why aren’t they calling, what do I include in my email or video. what are the coaches looking for or want. Great stuff. 

Appreciate the videos and polls and thank you for anonymous tips. From coaches, players, and parents. I replied. 

it would be interesting to have a session where you read the tweets/DMs from parents to some coaches and get their response. 

2 of mine were:

Parent to coach. The guys are worried and confused.
Don’t give the kids hopes, metrics, and targets to reach and then commit a kid with lower metrics. It sends mixed messages and is confusing.

Be honest and truthful. Talk to the guys about development and don’t brag on the program. It’s distracting. For the kids that did their research - they already know I they wouldn’t be there. What they don’t know is how you see them developing in your program and the different ways you plan on growing together. That is what sells a program and the future.

Answers to questions and reactions to feedback would be interesting. 

I brag on you all the time and include your videos and tweets to parents I talk to about the recruiting process and their sons. 

Thank you for sharing your platform and access with us! Keep up the stellar and important work!!

You'll really like it here. Great group of interested and informative adults. All sharing common ground of helping each other with insights and information to help families and kids get to the next level, whatever level that is. 

Wow great to have Josh here!I certainly have found your YouTube channel to be a great source of info. It’s been a real challenge for the ‘21’s for sure, and mine is no exception , but his round tables are some of the best coaches giving very real and accurate info vs some that is out there. If I had any request it would be to do one with some mid major Northeast teams to gain insight into their recruiting process/timelines that seem to be slightly different and I’ve never understood why?

Thank you everyone, again, for the kind words. I like it here way more than Twitter - people are much nicer. I get beat up there for the aggressive honesty sometimes 😄.

I noticed some questions & suggestions above that are actually already part of the content out there. My Twitter feed is a mess and understandably not easy to filter through to find what you might be looking for, but some of you may want to browse through March/April when we were in quarantine.

The roundtable discussions going on now are definitely super helpful, but we’re mainly focusing on the present issues rather than normal recruiting policies and procedures. I’d suggest looking at the “Quarantined Coaches” playlist. It’s a lot, but there’s so much great recruiting truths in there provided by the coaches.

One of them that is a MUST-WATCH is the Tulane episode. We talk finances the entire time. Those of you interested in regional recruiting stuff, you’ll see coaches from all over in there (I did 60+ over a 5/6 week period), and we usually discussed regional recruiting issues when it was a school outside of the southeast.

”The College Tour” is cool because we go inside clubhouses and get to learn about different schools. If you’re just looking for recruited-related content, then you can fast forward to the second half of those episodes. Finally, that playlist has a bunch of small clips that are short videos with important recruiting content.

At this point, pretty much everything has been asked and answered if you dig through the piles. Sorry if it’s overwhelming, but it’s worth working through if you’re navigating the process.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.