Skip to main content

Once upon a time, this was one of the most active forums on the HSBBW.  There were the reports out of Chicago on teams, the PBR Rankings and how much people were upset about them, the downstate people complaining about upstate rankings, ...  There were also very posts about tournaments, players, players that were in college and/or pro ball, ... 

Man, I can't believe a post I made in September is still on the front page. 

So, what are the projections for teams up north?  Down South, (Southern Illinois) I don't have much of a read anymore because I'm following my daughter play college softball.  However, the preview articles will be coming out soon and I'll get a good read on some teams down here.  Lets get this place rocking and rolling again. 

"Failure depends upon people who say I can't."  - my dad's quote July 1st, 2021.  CoachB25 = Cannonball for other sites.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Coach....I think you Illinois folks have the same problem as we do here in Ohio.....SNOW!!!!  and lots of it.  My son's team hasn't been outside yet...and likely won't for a while.  First scrimmage scheduled for the 25th....but no way our field will be ready.  6" of snow on Wednesday...almost all gone today, but the ground is mush.  Can't imagine that the fields will be much good even by opening day on the 31st....but I guess we'll have to wait and see. Good luck....and don't send anymore snow our way please....lol

Originally Posted by Bulldog 19:

Ours were on the field scrimmaging yesterday. Softball was planning to scrimmage today. Calling for snow tomorrow. Softball scheduled to open season on Wednesday. Not sure when baseball opens up..

CoachB, I saw UMSL and SEMO split today...

Yes, the kid had a tough game one of DH.  I think first time in her life w/2 ks in a game.  Second game, HR and then, shocker -- squeeze play for a run.  3 RBIs for game.  Unfortunately, official scorer doesn't know how to score a squeeze.  No play and so, gave the kid a fielder's choice.  How does that happen in college? 

Last edited by CoachB25

Without throwing out the details in what should/could be his and the teams best season in years between you and I, I expect the oppisitte.Not necasarily for the same reasons.Don't get me wrong I keep my mouth and general feeling to myself.I will not be the jinx.Problem is I know what took place in the offseason and it never gets better or even stays at a exceptable level once the guys are turned over to school ball.The 80's were only a good thing while they were happening. 

We had a game scheduled for tomorrow.They cancelled it last week.Haven't been out to the field lately must be in pretty bad shape if you know to cancel that far ahead.suppose to have three games next week.Sounds like they are also cancelled.I realize there was above average snow this year.But when you think about it and try to put it in perspective its a typical crappy northern IL. winter.Just exactly why do they scheduled games this early?

I heard you guys up north have 3 inches of snow coming today or tomorrow.  Also, the ground thaw has not happened.  How deep do you think that ground freeze is?  It might be some time before you're playing in Chicagoland. 

We had games yesterday throughout the Metro East (St. Louis).  Snow in our forecast but it is not supposed to stick around long.  Around an inch.

Originally Posted by HawkeyeNation1:

Yorkville just got back from 5 days in Kentucky - played 5 varsity and 3 JV games.  Weather not great but nice for the boys to get outside and play some good competition.

They were supposed to play at Waterloo yesterday, but the schools chose to cancel due to forecast.. It would have been a brutal day of baseball yesterday, but could have actually been played. Ended up not raining! 

Finally got our season started this week.  Son went 2 for 3 (DBL, GO, Single, SAC, SAC) in a 5 inning 16-4 route of the other team.  He pitched today.  Gave up a bloop hit to the first batter, hit the second batter and then settled in for his 4 innings of shutout ball on the mound.  Had two 1-2-3 innings.  Its killing me that I am out of town this week and missing it.  Home tomorrow just in time for the crappy weather to hit.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.